Friday, November 8, 2013

First Holiday Card

Good morning, hope your day is going well.  Getting ready for the weekend.  I will be working but I only have a couple of more weekends to work.  I am officially retiring on December 31, 2013.  I can't wait!  It has been a short 20 years working in the health care field for me but things are changing rapidly.  anyhow here is my first holiday card.
I used the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 231 this week.  I loved working with this sketch!  The adorable image is from the sponsor Meljens Designs.  She has all of her digital images 50% off this month.  There are tons of really cute designs.  I purchased quite a few and plan on purchasing more.  My card is 6 X 6, my favorite size.  The paper is all from Stampin' Up!  I colored my image with Copics and used glitter on the snow.  I will be entering this card in Sweet Sketch Wednesday's Challenge this week.  I am really in the mood to make holiday cards now.  I have lots of cute images to work with.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a sweet day!
 
Rose

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on retirement. This means you will have more time for card making!
    This is such a sweet card. Happy to see a Meljen image, Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one sweet card, perfect for the holidays. Congrats on your retirement...means more time to craft!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose, you card is absolutely beautiful. Such a yummy bow. thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful holiday card and congrats on your upcoming retirement! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose, this is a lovely Christmas card, especially this great image from Meljen Designs and your wonderful bow embellishments looks amazing on your great card. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved BOTH of your holiday cards (tho that little Mimi from Stamp Fairy won my heart). Thanks for sharing them both with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    PS: Congrats on your impending retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bow and embellishments. Thank you for playing along at SSW This week. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Christmas card. Have a sweet week Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful Christmas card. I love that sweet Meljens image that you colored so wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete